Green Roofs can be added to sheds, garages, out-houses & homes (even bird-boxes!). I'd love to do more of these - so please get in touch to discuss!
10 GOOD REASONS to install a Living Roof:
- Create an exciting and engaging feature in your garden;
- Help keep buildings cool in summer, by evapotranspiration and insulation;
- Provide food & niches for invertebrates, including bees & butterflies - so encouraging other wildlife;
- Grow & support rare native flora (eg Viper's bugloss, Deptford Pink) threatened by intensive agriculture practices;
- Utilise brick & concrete waste, diverting it from landfill;
- Reduce direct rainfall runoff, helping to reduce flood risk;
- Brighten up boring roofs;
- Replace roofing felt with a low maintenance, long-lasting waterproof membrane;
- Make a clear & visible statement about your commitment to sustainable living and business;
- Extend your garden to new frontiers!
Log store with a green roof and horseshoes:
My 'micro'green roof makes a feature of an otherwise dull wood store. Similar structures can be added to sheds, garages, out-houses & homes (even bird-boxes!).
Garden Shed with retro-fitted Green Roof:
Substrate of 80% reclaimed crushed brick & concrete. Peat-free Plugs were planted early April '08 (I've also sown a wildflower seed mix here for increased biodiversity).